All too often we seek love from others, before looking into ourselves. Learning to love yourself can be a daunting task. It forces you to look deep within and analyse your insecurities and fears in excruciating detail. Scary as this may be, it is the only way to overcome what is currently holding you back.
Insecurities don’t miraculously disappear – you need to tackle them head-on and then use this formula to banish them:
- Challenge yourself to discover what your insecurities are and why they are there.
- Focus on what you want really want for yourself.
- Create to overcome the insecurities (1) and live your dreams (2).
“Sometimes you need to take a break from everyone and spend time alone, to experience, appreciate, and love yourself.” Robert Tew
What Self Love is *NOT*
Loving yourself does not make you a selfish person. Because it is a reflective process, self-love turns your energy inward, but the benefits radiate outwards to others. You can’t pour from an empty cup – if you don’t invest in yourself, you will have nothing to give to others.
Self-love is not egotistical, narcissistic, or entitled. While learning to love yourself involves recognising your worth, needs, and goals, you also need to acknowledge your weaknesses, challenges, and obstacles.
Do not use self-love as an excuse. Yes, a massage or a mental health day may be needed, but don’t exploit these perks. Loving yourself encompasses the good, the bad, and the ugly! Self-love means taking responsibility and accountability while bravely embarking on difficult journeys of growth.
Actions to Loving Yourself
- Forget past mistakes. Your point of power is in the present, so forget what happened last year and move on.
- 2. Watch how you speak to yourself. Ban negative self-talk.
- Stop apologising. You are who you are and you like what you like. Don’t dilute and undermine yourself with sorries.
- Surround yourself with positive people. Hang out with those who celebrate who you are.
- Celebrate small victories. Share them with someone who can celebrate with you. Be proud of your progress.
- Make joy a priority. Spend a little time each day doing what you love.
- Give yourself some grace. If you miss the mark, don’t beat yourself up about it. Keep going.
Thee People Development Company
If you are looking for a dynamic offering with impact driven methods, delivering results, contact us right now: 060.656.1305 |firstname.lastname@example.org. People Dynamics – life coaching , training through coaching, candidate selection, bursary management and entrepreneurship support.