No one loves a huge pile of admin to tackle. Doing paperwork is like running with a sprained ankle. It is doable, but painful. However, once all that work is done, you feel like you have just taken a leap into freedom.
The issue is that we procrastinate. We wait until that mountain of work just about fits on our desk in a straight pile without tipping over, before we even take a slight glimpse at it. Seriously don’t pretend you don’t do it; we have all procrastinated at some point.
The pain of getting through a tedious black hole of work can be avoided by being productive and managing your time wisely. I am personally not a procrastinator…. I just prefer doing all my work in a deadline-induced panic. 😆
Yesterday, 6 September was Fight Procrastination Day that aims to beat procrastination and maximize productivity. Procrastination can take place on every other day of the year, but there is absolutely none of that today!
Here are essential tips on how to avoid the dangerous road of procrastination:
- Practice Effective Time Management- Plan your work day and set a limit to the amount of time you spend on a task. This will avoid any unnecessary stress and improve the quality of your work. With that being said, it is important to remain flexible.
- Work in a productive environment- Instead of sitting on the couch with loads of distractions like your TV, rather sit at a desk with no distractions. By working at a desk, will give you solution-focused thinking and willingness to work.
- Be positive- Replace that negative attitude with some positivity. Being positive encourages you to get through that lovely work. Trust me, before you know it, it’s all done.
- Learn to forgive yourself- We are all human. Making a mistake is ok, don’t be so hard on yourself. Forgiving yourself helps you set realistic goals and motivates you to achieve them successfully.
- Get in touch with life-coaches- These brilliant people have experience in student support. They will help you stay on track with your work and hold you accountable to completing your tasks.
Although it is time to mix it up a bit! One of the most important keys to success is having the discipline to do what you should do, even when you don’t feel like doing it.
Become the Best Version of Yourself
Our skilled and trained coaches and facilitators plus our online support service are here to give you the upper hand in life. Contact People Dynamics today to find out more about our services: Coaching, Training-Through-Coaching, Candidate Selection, Bursary Management, Entrepreneurial Support, Student Health and Wellbeing.
If you enjoyed this article, or feel someone you know may benefit from it, please feel free to share it with your network.